In this post I would like to give you guys tips on how to deal with your painful cramps on your periods 😑
I know…this subject is really personal; but cramps are NOT fun at all. Don’t get me wrong, PERIODS in general are not fun, but when you add those cramps to it…OMG!!!!
Long time ago I heard that when you age, your cramps will get better, but that is not my case. EVERY month I face bad cramps and low blood pressure; however, after all these years, I learned a few tips on how to manage those awful cramps.
In total, I have five tips that are really helpful to me. If you are interested, please keep on reading.
- If you are having a set date for your periods, you are really lucky; if you are like me and have no idea when your period starts, I suggest you to download apps that track your cycle. I have been using “P tracker” for many years. You add the dates on the app and it will show you how many days are left to your next cycle. I am pretty sure the app does more, but I only use it to track my cycles 🤷🏻♀️
- When you know your date, you can take some pain pills, such as Advil, Aleve, or ibuprofen before your period starts. That helps you with the pain. When I start doing that, I don’t feel the cramps that much, and when I forget to do so…..GOD knows how bad are my cramps 😫
(I am not a doctor, so PLEASE if you are young, ask your parents for permission for taking pills).
- Keep your stomach warm/hot. Hot patches, such as ThermaCare are really good. It doesn’t matter if it is summer, or winter. They just help me with my cramps. I know there are some brands out there that are only advertised for period cramps, but I am sure any hot patch will help you that. They can get pricy, but If you are on the go, they are you best friend.
Hot Water Bottle are another option, but I try to avoid it as much as I can because they smell like plastic (I only use them if the other options are not available to me).
Another thing that you guys can do is to use your pets as your heating source 😅 sometimes I do that 😅🤷🏻♀️ it helps 😑😅
- I mentioned before that I am Iranian, so chai nabat “tea and rock candy” is a most for me when I am having a low blood pressure and cramps. I heard caffeine is not good because they cause more pain, but somehow sweet tea helps with my blood pressure and cramps.
- My last tip for you is to keep praying that your pains go away as soon as possible 😅 that is literally what I do 🙈🤷🏻♀️😂 and be thankful for those days that you don’t have cramps 😑.
I have one more tips for you guys, but it is not a pain related. Some of you guys might don’t know this, but brands that that are making pads and/or tampons have sizes based on your need. So if you are leaking, there is no shame in that. You are might using a wrong size. Just look at the packages. Most of them have a picture of their different sizes based on how heavy is your periods are.
For example, take a look at this picture.
I am sure there are other ways to not use pads and/or tampons, but I have no knowledge about them.
So yeah….these are the tips that are keeping me alive so far 😂 I hope they works for you as well.
Until next time, stay healthy and happy